Memo:

TO: Desperate Irish Housewife
FROM: God
RE: catching up

Hello there Desperate!

I know you wanted to make this a really great Lent- reform, repent and all that. And I'm not saying you didn't try. But let's face it, you slipped up a lot in the last few weeks, no? Well, now that we're in Holy Week, I decided to step in and help you out.

You know your sister-in-law's invitation to spend Easter with the family in D.C.? Actually that was My idea. I had to get you to the airport somehow. I know, I know, the four-hour delay at Minneapolis-St.Paul was no fun, but think what an opportunity to do some last-minute penance you got! And that 50-minute delay once you were on board? That was Me, too.

I know what you're thinking (don't I always?); "Well, Lord of the Universe, OK, but why did you have to reroute my flight through JFK if I'd already suffered enough?" Because, My child, you HADN'T suffered enough, yet. What better way to slip some perfectly avoidable suffering into your life than to route you through JFK? See, you're getting the point now!

But I will say, the fact that once you got to JFK you were 475th in line for takeoff, well, that you'd have to chalk up to the control tower. I know, you're thinking "Well if it wasn't Your idea why didn't You just make us first in line?" At JFK? Are you serious? I'm almighty, but get real.

So today you're going to take the children to see the sights of the Capitol. Good for you! Wait 'til you see what I have in store for you at the Air and Space Museum!

Love, God

P.S. And in case you were wondering, I sent that little snow flurry this morning, too, just for fun. Ha ha.

Comments

  1. LOL! I probably shouldn't but I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts