Memo 3:

TO: Desperate Irish Housewife
FROM: God
RE: Happy Easter!

Hi again Desperate-

So. I bet you thought I topped out when I let your niece throw up all over the car. Hope it didn't put everyone off Peking Duck forever.

But as you saw, I still had a few tricks up My sleeve. I know some would question the symbolism of My letting those "caterpillars" into the kids' Easter candy (nice save with calling them "caterpillars." by the way. Personally I find the word "maggots " much more disturbing). But be honest- wasn't it exciting for your daughter that she was the one who made the discovery? And wasnt' it nice of Me to let her make it BEFORE eating any of the candy? And, OK, I confess- the look on the face of your nephew- the one who'd already eaten a handful- was pretty darn priceless! We're still chuckling over that one up here.

So today was Easter Sunday. You all went to Mass at the local church in Potomac, Maryland. Boy, they're not kidding when they call it "Our Lady Of Mercedes," are they? With all the mink coats I saw there this morning you'd think it was Christmas. But I guess with the snow and all it was appropriate.

Well, rest up, Desperate. You've got a long trip ahead of you tomorrow. And I mean long- oops! Forget I said that!

Love, God

Comments

  1. Desperate:

    Remind me not to travel to anyplace where you select for a "vacation."

    Perhaps I might run into you next Sunday at Holy Family. I'm looking forward to Divine Mercy Egg Rolls.

    I hope they won't have "caterpillars."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts