Back To School

Well the kid left for college today. Packed up her car and headed south. Since it's still summer I'm not jealous, but ask me in December if I wouldn't trade places with her in a heartbeat. The answer would be an emphatic "YES!!" Even if it meant term papers and final exams.

I never considered geography when I was applying to college a million years ago. What a mistake that was! I was accepted to the university of my choice, but I never considered certain unattractive facts about the place. Like it was in the middle of nowhere and accessible only by Greyhound. And the fact that it was cold. And very wet- when it wasn't snowing it was raining.

When I think now that I could have spent my college years in a sunny, warm, pleasant place, I want to go back in time and kick my 18-year-old self. What an idiot.

I'm so glad my kid has more sense. Even though it means seeing a lot less of her than I would if she'd gone somewhere closer to home, it's good to know she has more brains than her mother had back in the day.

Something to be proud of.

Comments

Popular Posts