Thanksgiving

 There's no denying that this is a Thanksgiving like no other. Nobody in the airports. Nobody traveling to far-away Mom and Dad's. Zoom dinners. Not even a normal Macy's Parade.

But it's still our annual day of thanks. So let's count our blessings, shall we?  I'll go first.

Um...give me a second.

Well, there are the basics. Family; home; friends; faith. All still intact despite anything 2020 could throw at them. Not bad!

I know there must be more, but I guess I'm just too distracted right now.  I thought I'd dress up Thanksgiving dinner by serving shrimp cocktail. I just found out I have to "peel and devein" several pounds of shrimp before I can even get started. I don't mind admitting I'm dreading the task.  Do you need long fingernails to peel shrimp? If you do I'm in trouble.

Oh dear.  I better get started. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. May your turkey be perfect and all your shrimp deveined.

And your champagne be plentiful and pre-chilled.

Comments

Popular Posts