It's That Time Again!

 You guessed it, another dictator governor has declared a soft lockdown. That would be my governor, and I'm in the lockdown, and it starts tonight.  So let the good times roll!

All right, everyone, here's the plan:

Step 1. Stock up on toilet paper. I mean, look how well that strategy worked out last time! Although now that I think of it I probably have some t.p. left over from last time. So maybe put that part of the lockdown budget to better use.

Step 2. Buy wine. A lot of it. We don't have to drink it all, it's just the comfort of knowing it's there if we need to slip into an alternative reality for a bit. Which I figure will be in about 12 hours.

Step 3. Cancel Thanksgiving restaurant reservations. Oh wait, that's not necessary, they just emailed me to say all reservations are cancelled. You'd think they'd have the decency to include the recipe for their Pink Lady cocktail, but no.  

Step 4. Earbuds! Earbuds, earbuds, earbuds! That way I'm not technically ignoring family complaints, I'm listening to an audio version of "War and Peace." Or maybe "In A Dark, Dark Wood." Yeah, that's a better choice. Terror stalks a helpless group of people trapped in an isolated cabin. It's always good to remind oneself: things could be worse.

Step 5: Those closets I cleared out during the last lockdown are looking pretty crowded again. In fact they don't look like they were ever cleared out at all. Conclusion: clearing out closets is a waste of time. Find some other pointless task to take up my time.

Step 6, and this is a tough one:  Whatever you do, STAY AWAY FROM ONLINE SHOPPING. Remember what happened last time....

Well, that's all the advice I have for the moment. Here's wishing good luck to everyone who has a governor who's as big a jerk as mine is. I'm looking at t you, New York!

Comments

Popular Posts