The End Is Nowhere As Near As I'd Like

You wouldn't think it would be possible, but even spring is in lock-down in my neighborhood. No bus on the trees, just bare grey branches. No sign of the nest that that robin couple builds under my deck every year. Barely a duck on the pond. Really, this is getting ridiculous.

At first I thought, ok, at least I should start seeing some wild animals taking over the 'hood about now, right? You  know, like those wild boars roaming the streets of Bergamo. Or herds of deer running rampant through White Plains. Something.

But no. Not so much as a single coyote to give us something to talk about.  Sure, there are some wild geese. Do coyotes eat geese? Now that would be a fight worth watching. But it doesn't look like I'll be given the chance.

DIH is usually not bad at keeping herself entertained. Of course it was a lot easier when the bars were open. But still. I can usually keep myself from the edges of dangerous boredom.

But I fear that is coming to an end. If this level of "life is so damn DULL" keeps up I may have to join the rest of the nation- nay, the world- and watch "Tiger King." In the daytime.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'm going to go count our rolls of toilet paper. Again.

Comments

Popular Posts