Spy Wednesday

Also known as Wednesday of Holy Week. Also known, this year, as the first night of Passover.

It's been a long Lent.  I am not complaining; I'm not a nurse or a doc or an EMT, so I figure I have no right to complain this COVID season.  Nor am I a furloughed server or bartender or hairdresser or personal trainer- all of whose services I normally enjoy and value.  (Shoutout to the aforementioned:  I miss you guys!)

I'm not even a mom of school-age children whom I have been forced to homeschool these past weeks, and for the indefinite future.  Talk about lucky me!

No, I'm just a frustrated writer.  Reading and re-reading the same MS pages every day, knowing why they don't work, not knowing how to make them work.  And all this quarantine sure give me plenty of time for this.

I have unfinished drafts of at least five novels lying around.  A romance, a ghost story, a "women's fiction with magical realism," and others I can't remember right now.  Actually they're not just lying around. They're on my desktop. waiting for me to figure out how to fix them.

And actually they're not just "waiting," either, They're looking me in the eye every day. Every day I comb over the stories, knowing there's something good in there, trying to bring it out and bring the things to completion.  So far, not happening.  And not for lack of trying, either.

So I think this is the Lent of Spinning My Wheels.  Unpleasant for an impatient type like me.

But something to offer up, I hope.



Comments

  1. Have you poked at the Mad Genius Club archives any?

    I went from not being able to get past a random series of half-scenes to having at least a half-dozen stories where there's multiple chapters, and two of the three for beginning, middle and end.

    I know that they're always looking for folks to ask questions so they have something to write about, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts