Doing My Bit

I read somewhere that some people were putting their Christmas lights back up lately.  The point, I think, is to spread some cheer in these disturbing times.

No one in my neighborhood had his lights up. so I decided I would lead the way.  For the past several nights I have been lighting up the multicolored rope lights that adorn my deck.

Okay, full disclosure, this was easy since I never took them down from Christmas. ( Still too cold to get them unwound.)  But still, my deck is now a light shining in the darkness.

I keep seeing videos online of Italians singing from their balconies and policemen dancing in the streets.  I don't think we will be singing from the deck.  That kind of thing is definitely not your average Minnesotan's style.   It's probably more of a Wisconsin thing.

As for police dancing in the street, I don't hold out much hope of that, either.  Which is too bad- I've seen some of those guys at the VFW Hall, and they can really shake it when they want to.

But as long as I don't see the National Guard out there, I'm not going to complain.

If anyone needs bucking up, this is for you.  Chins up, everybody. We're Americans, we go this.



Comments

Popular Posts