A Sober St. Pat's

Well, nearly.

The governor of my state has order all restaurants, bars, pubs etc. to shut down as of 5pm today.  That's right, just at the hour the St Patrick's festivities would be getting rolling.

First they came for our Friday night Lenten fish fries. Then they came for our Guinness. What next, our St Joseph's Day cannolis?

Actually I'm not complaining.  Being shut up in the house has been kind of interesting so far. I never noticed before how may things in a home could conceivably be cleaned.  I am not planning any action on this score yet, of course. I'll wait and see how desperate I get for entertainment.

My gym has closed down, so no more workouts. My pizza place has also closed, so maybe I won't need the workouts as much for a while.

I have taken certain precautions, of course. The minute I heard Italy was shutting down I drove to Costco and bought parmesan cheese, olive oil and a couple of cases of prosecco.  Luckily I wasa able to beat the crowds.  Except the ones for toilet paper, that was already gone.

But hey, I got plenty of prosecco.  One must have priorities.

Comments

Popular Posts