The Day Before

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and the forces of "the holiday season" will be unleashed in full force.  Batten down your hatches an hang onto your hats.  It's here, again.

I've been hearing Christmas music at the gas pump and in the elevators for a while now, but only occasionally.  Starting tomorrow it will be round the clock. 

I love Christmas music.  I love to hear Dean Martin reminding me that it's cold outside, Nat King Cole crooning about chestnuts, and poor, tragic Judy garland urging me to have myself a merry little Christmas.  It's painful to think that one day I'll be sick of the lot of them.  That one day usually occurring around December 26.

But today I'm going to set my Pandora to surround me with the stuff. It will help keep my mind off how much I hate housework and how much I've forgotten about Thanksgiving dinner planning, not to mention worrying if the daughter's flight home won't be cancelled due to the snowstorm.  U;m going to sing along with Bing and Nat and the Vienna Boys' Choir.

The dog won't mind, and since my neighbors have all fled South for the winter already I won't be bothering them either.

Happy Day-Before-Thanksgiving, everybody. 

And now it's time to gt to work

Comments

Popular Posts