The Day After

Another Thanksgiving in behind us, and the ususal consequences ensue.  Refrigerator is packed, belts have been loosened, and DIH can finally take the fall-themed wreaths off the front door,which truth to tell were getting a little ratty-looking anyway.  Luckily my porch light has been out for months, so none of the neighbors noticed.

Burnt-out porch lights are a constant issue around here.  There is literally nothing DIH can do about them but wait for some tall friend of the daughter's to show up and replace them.  None of my ladders are log enough to allow me to have a go.  Also I'm afraid of heights.

Unfortunately, the daughter's tallest friends are all away at college on basketball scholarships. This means my light will not get changed until summer.  Unbelievable how hard they make those kids work for those scholarships.  Virtually no time off.  And do the ADs ever think of me?  No. Selfish twits.

Lights aside, how did everyone's Thanksgiving go?  Ours went off without a hitch. I even got the good china out, which is remarkable considering I 'd forgotten where I put it.  Found it by happy accident, looking for something else.

Sometimes it pays to lose things.

Comments

Popular Posts