Snow Day! Basketball! Sheer Terror!

As the Twin Cities disappear under yet another foot of snow,  Desperate reflects on the blessing of the all-wheel drive 2005 Subaru in her garage.  For it is this noble steed that will carry us to the championship  game tonight.

I speak, of course, of the Twin Cities 7th and 8th graders girls' basketball championship.  Holy Family Academy clinched the Monsignor Coates Youth Organization championship last week.  Now the Crusaders will play the champs of another Catholic school league for the Twin Cities title.

I'm telling you, the excitement is ferocious.  I myself am a bundle of nerves, but that's because I am petrified of driving over to the other side of town in a blizzard.  My varsity player, on the other hand, is quite relaxed.   I take this as a good sign.

The game is at 7:15.  Given the road conditions we will probably have to leave home at 5 to get there in time.  Oh dear god I hate to drive in the snow.

GO CRUSADERS!

Comments

Popular Posts