The Verdict

After several days of feeling crummy,DIH has concluded she is suffering from a bout of food poisoning.

I ought to know, too-- food poisoning and I go way back. For some reason I seem to have a talent for picking up FP. I've had it all over the world. I've had it in Paris; I've had it in Beijing.

But the winner is definitely the time I had it in Rome. I ate a slice of pizza or something from a street cart. Some hours later I collapsed in the Raphael Stanze in the Vatican Museum. I remember thinking as I sank to the floor, Gee, art lovers from all over the world are going to step on me.

Luckily a security guard found me before I was trampled to death. I'll tell you one thing: you haven't lived until you've been wheeled out of the Vatican with a security guard yelling "Attenzione! Attenzione!" to everyone in his way. The "attenzione" you get is truly impressive.

Anyway, at least this time around I'm home and can feel sorry for myself in relative peace. Maybe I'll finally start that diet I've been talking about for, I don't know, five years.

Yep. There's always a silver lining.

Comments

Popular Posts