Mystery Mood

DIH has been feeling a tad low lately, and she is trying to figure out why.

Maybe it's because Pope Benedict went home. WIthout my seeing him. I came close, actually. A good friend wangled a ticket for me to see His Holiness on the outside the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. But the airlines refused to cooperate and I couldn't switch my flight home, and the Papal crowd refused to change their schedule, too, so DIH was feeling very left out.

Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing the expression on our very cultured Pope's face when he got a good look at the faux-Byzantine monstrosity that is the Shrine. You know the joke: when the basilica was dedicated Our Lady appeared to the faithful and said, "If people are good, some day I will build a beautiful church on this site."

I guess nobody's that good.

Or it could be the weather. We hope to get above freezing today. Woo-hoo. Hey, Global Warmers! You guys are IDIOTS!!

Or -- and I think this one is the front-runner- it could be the fact that --oh god, I can hardly type it...

I--

I agreed to write another novel yesterday.

I know, I know, I'm a fool. A glutton for punishment. Addicted to pointless frustration. Ech. I could go on, but I don't have the heart.

Oh well. A deal is a deal. So I've got to get started on my novel. I wonder if I'll respect myself in the morning.

Probably not.

Comments

Popular Posts