Say 'No' To Nyquil

HI. I'm Desperate.
[Hi, Desperate!]

Hi, um, I --well, there's no easy way to say it. I took some Nyquil.
[Awww...]

Yeah, And it's worse, I - I took it at four o'clock this morning.
[Gasps. Murmurs of 'intervention...']

No, no, I'm okay now. Almost. I'm on my fourth cup of Joe--

[You're just changing your drug of choice,, you know....]

I had to. I needed the antidote. I'm switching to Diet Coke after this one, I promise. At least I won't be adding sugar, right?
[understanding laughter]

Anyway, you all know the story but I guess I should tell it anyway. I just couldnt' breathe. Four in the morning and I was gasping for breath, I can't believe my sinuses got so stuffed so fast. I was fine when I went to bed! But I should have known better, I thought that nice relaxed feeling I had last night was a good thing, but...well, obviously, it just meant trouble was coming.

Finally I took the Nyquil, end of story. Nobody held a gun to my head. I just took it. Then I had to get up at 6 to walk the dog. All I can say is I thank my Higher Power there's no such thing as "Walking under the influence" laws in this state. Yet. I was just lucky I could find my way home. But that might have been the dog.

So now trying to put my life back together. Wish me luck.

Thanks for letting me share.

Comments

  1. :)

    found your blog through the whole weblog awards thing. I did not know that these even existed. now that I do, I'm terribly jealous but still very happy that I found your blog. It's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words mamacita- DIH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts