And So It Begins....

Ever have one of those mornings when you look out the window and immediately a horrified shriek bursts forth from your lips?

I just had one. And since I'm in the coffeeshop it was a little embarassing.

Reason for shriek: it's snowing. Big, fat flakes- as pretty as a snow globe. But DIH is not fooled. She knows what this means.

Find some place to store the patio furniture. Lug in the patio furniture. Call home repair guy and plead with him to please, please, please come over and install the window I bought last spring to replace the old one that didnt' shut all the way. Remember that feeling of solid, homeownerly accomplishment you felt yesterday when you finally called the gutter guy? Kiss that feeling goodbye, girlfriend. You're too late. Again.

OK, maybe not yet. It night stop snowing. It looks like it's letting up even now. But it will be back. Soon. And next time it won't be just a teaser, either.

Be afraid, ye warm-blooded mammals of the frozen North. Be very afraid.

Comments

  1. I'd love to have some snow down here in southern Wisconsin! Of course, not being a home-owner I don't have all those fun chores to worry about. The only time I have to shovel these days is when I'm home visiting my folks.

    All I see in our forecast is some rain on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts