Love Will Find A Way

"Gay Inmates to Be Granted Conjugal Visits in California"


By JESSE McKINLEY
Published: June 3, 2007 New York Times
"SAN FRANCISCO, June 1 — Gay and lesbian prisoners in California will be allowed overnight visits with their partners under a new prison policy, believed to be the first time a state has allowed same-sex conjugal stays.
The policy change was spurred by a letter warning of legal action from the American Civil Liberties Union.
Overnight visits, which can be up to 72 hours long, have been allowed in California since the 1970s, Ms. Thornton said, and are conducted in units inside prison grounds, often trailers. While suggestive of sexual activity, the visits sometimes include several family members, including children.
“It’s not exclusive to conjugal activities,” Ms. Thornton said."


Dolling, How I have longed for dis moment.

How long has it been since I have kept my true feelings fuh you silent. Prob'ly since that day I heard you cut a deal wit' the DA. Yuh broke my heart, my little stool pigeon- uh, I mean lovebird. But I loved ya still.

Now at last I can make things all square between us. How 'bout that ACLU, hah? Who'd of thought they understood my feelings so good? And now t'anks to them everyt'ings all gonna be all right.

So I'm comin' to you at last, assh--- uh, my little buttercup. Leave a light in the trailer window for me willya? And don't worry about privacy or nothin.' I'm bringing plenty of bribe-- uh, gifts for the staff.

Your secret admirer- hey, not so secret any more, hah?- Little Louie

Comments

Popular Posts