Gaudete

Today is the third Sunday of Advent, Gaudete Sunday. Traditionally the priest wears rose-colored vestments on this day. We didn't get that at Mass today. We got purple. It's hard for some men to wear pink, I guess.

I was going to put up a video of some choirboys singing "Gaudete, Christus est natus." This old Basque number has been popular in recent years. So I watched a bunch of different groups singing it. And I realized something: this old Basque carol, while real and genuine, is very annoying. So I didn't put it up.

Tonight we are waiting for a cold front to finish moving in. The temperature is supposed to drop over 40 degrees- we had upper 30s this morning and we're headed below zero. My goodness, the crowds at Costco. Everyone was anticipating not wanting to stick their noses out the door tomorrow.

It's an event, a cold front. It gives one something to talk about with strangers while waiting on line at the gas station or the ATM machine. It was kind of amazing to see how quickly things iced over out there. And of course driving was a real thrill. I can hardly wait until tomorrow. Getting my daughter to school should be quite exciting.

Comments

Popular Posts