Lenten Reflections

Lent is a quiet time for DIH. Literally. I give up two things: talk radio and talking to myself. Giving up the radio is one thing, but giving up the self chat is murder. The silence around here is deafening.

But today DIH will have a special Lenten opportunity. To wit: the four-month-old labrador puppy ate an entire pan of freshly baked apple crisp last night. Let's just say it's been- an interesting experience.

Luckily there seems to be a thaw in the air. This is big news in Minnesota. Yesterday my daughter came home from school, breathlessly wanting to know what a "thaw" was. So apparently the weather forecast was big news on the schoolyard.

After taking the dog out many, many times in the night, this morning I have finally been able to survey the damage in my yard. All I can say is it's a damn good thing for that dog it's still Lent.

But I can deal. It's nothing DIH and a shovel and a hazmat suit can't handle. In the mean time the dog is on a broth and rice diet until things stabilize. Which I hope will be soon. The weather forecast for tomorrow features snow and freezing rain. There are certain penances DIH is not anywhere near spiritually advanced enough to offer with a good heart.

Comments

Popular Posts