Thursday, September 28, 2006

Here Comes The Party

"So are you thrilled?" Demfriend bubbled as we waited for our kids at taekwondo class.

I thought she meant the Twins. So I said, politely, "Oh yes. Absolutely. You must be too."

She frowned. "Why would I be? I'm not a Republican."

Egad. Another Midwestern subtlety I hadn't caught on to. Note to self: Republicans have their own baseball teams out here.

That was how I found out the Republican National Convention will be held out here in the Twin Cities in 2008. So in a little over a year and a half I plan to hold a dinner party. There should be a few people in town willing to speak to us by then.

I'm telling you, it gets lonely sometimes.

1 comment:

causa nostra laetitiae said...

You think we're any better off in New York? Just look who we're about to vote in: Hillary for Senator, rabid pro-abort Elliot Spitzer for governor, and Mario Cuomo's son Andrew for Attorney General!!
Yipes! I wanna move to a RED state!