The Move, Cont.

Well I finally had it:  I had The Move Nightmare.

We all remember the Final Exam Nightmare.  The one where you walk into a room to take a final, and it dawns on you that all semester long, you never attended the class.  My version of the drean always continues the same way:  at first I think, Okay, I'm just going to have to fake it.  I'll bluff my way through.  Then I realize the subject is physics or chemistry, and I can't bluff science!  Then, hopefully, I wake up, usually in a cold sweat.

We moved into the new house ten days ago,  and are still surrounded by boxes and boxes and boxes.  I had to go out and buy a new remote before we could watch tv, and I still haven't found the coffee pot.

Last night I dreamed that, boxes or not, I was going to invite some friends for dinner.  Then it dawned on me I only had one pot.  OK, I thought, I got this:  I'll make clam sauce, pour it into a bowl for the microwave and then use the pot again to cook the pasta.

I could only find one can of clams,  I was psyching myself  up to deal with that. Then I realized:  I still haven't found the box with all the spices.  I have no oregano.  I have no dried parsley.  I have no garlic powder,

I  am screwed!

I was just begging my husband to gather our guests together and stall them with some dazzling monologues when I woke up.  In a cold sweat.

I gotta find some more pots.

Comments

Popular Posts