The Long Vac

The school Christmas break is two full weeks this year.

Two weeks.

That's a long time in Momtime.

It's long enough to lose all the painstakingly acquired "good habits" of motherhood.  You know the ones I mean.  The sign-the-permissionslip-by-the-deadline skills.  The standing firm on the daily  "Yes you do so have a clean uniform" debate.  The ability to make and pack a lunch in less than five seconds. 

To say nothing of the instant 6am wakeup habit.  And the razor-sharp carpool expertise?  Do I even have to go there?

It'll all be gone.  In January 2014 I'll be back to square one.  I'll have to start all over again, practicing non-resentment of the alarm clock.

I know what you're thinking:  Well just make good use of your two weeks, Desperate!  Go to the gym, finish that novel, learn conversational Spanish!  Make this self-improvement time!

Not to worry, reader.  I already have a plan.  Today the temps are expected to soar above freezing.  Come high noon you'll find me out in the backyard.  Two weeks of sub-zero temps make for a lot of doggie poop to clean up.

Best of all, Ill get to do it while wearing sunblock.  And a tee shirt.


Comments

Popular Posts