And We're Off!

I always say the school year doesn't officially get rolling until the first morning your kid wakes up with a fever.  This is always a day when you have about forty-five appointments.  All of which will have to be cancelled, or rescheduled. or better-luck-next-year-lady'd.

Of course these are the appointments you put off all summer.  "Oh, I'll do that after school starts.  I'll have more time then."

Ha ha.  Like flu season's going to wait for you to get your act together.

At least we're on the cutting edge this year.  So far I haven't heard a single report of any of the kids at school being sick.  Maybe we're starting a trend. For which I'm sure all the other moms will thank me.

But now it's time for a celebratory breaking open of the "colds and flu" box I keep in the  linen closet.  Find a digital thermometer that actually works:  check.  Supply of the kind of cold medicine you have to have a background check for before Wallgreens will let you walk out with a bottle:  one bottle left from last year.  (Note to self:  begin staggered purchases of Nyquil - the Real One- next week.)  Zyrtec:

Uh-oh.

Gotta make a drug store run.  Let's get this party started!


Comments

Popular Posts