Malia Obama in Mexico

I just came across this story. It seems the First Daughter-- along with 12 of her closest friends-- has gone to spend spring break in Mexico. (She is 13, by the way. I guess that's too young for Fort Lauderdale, but the right age for Mexico.)

This is in the midst of a ton of warnings that Mexico is a dangerous place to be if you're an American.

I have to tell you, it's really not important to me where the kid spends her break. But what is important is that if you're going to go to a place as dangerous as Mexico, you need adequate protection.

Which in this case means 25- TWENTY FIVE- U.S. Secret Service agents guarding the girls.

And me? I'm happy to foot the bill. After all I'm only a taxpayer. But that girl's an Obama!

p.s.-- Psst! Malia. You think any of your prep school pals can score me some nice pottery? I'll be waiting.

Comments

  1. Anonymous12:04 PM

    You are way off the mark here. Malia was on a school sponsored service trip in an area of Mexico that was not ruled dangerous by the state department. She was not partying on a spring break at the government's expense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous- I don't think I am off-base. I will leave it to you to calculate how much the American taxpayers- many of whom are out of work, by the way-- had to shell out to pay the salaries of two dozen Secret Service men. If the Obamas wanted their daughter to have the experience of a "service project" there are plenty of opportunities in D.C. She did not have to go to Mexico with her school friends. Here's an idea- why not tutor the kids in the DC public schools?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts