Newt News

So tonight ABC News is planning to air an interview with Newt Gingrich's "bitter" ex-wife with the hope that it will totally derail Newt's campaign.

Apparently the former Mrs.G has been claiming since 1995 that she could "torpedo" any chance of a Gingrich White House with "a single interview." The couple divorced in 1999.

I'm not sure how many men could put up with four years of "I will destroy you, sweetheart."

J.R. and Sue Ellen came close, I guess. Then of course there's Bill and Hillary, and Ted Kennedy and-- well, just about anyone, really. I understand Thomas Jefferson got around a bit, too. Yes, our political history is littered with sterling examples of marital fidelity.

Honestly I'm not sure what to make of all this. Mitt Romney is by all accounts an exemplary family man. On the other hand, a Mormon who will cave on abortion will cave on anything.

The "pick your poison" moment is early this year.

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:24 AM

    I am only here to comment about the PG Wodehouse fan part and it is very true !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts