Bad Sports Mom

I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm in danger of becoming one of those horrible sports parents. You know the ones I mean. The ones with all the opinions. The ones who yell at coaches and criticize their own kids for less-than-Olympic performance. They're always there in the bleachers, pontificating or swearing or threatening to pull their kids off the court if the coach makes on more "mistake." I don't think I'm that bad, yet. But I was a little worried at the surge of glee I felt last night, when I saw that the team the Holy Family Academy Crusaders was made up entirely of fourth grades. Little, short ones. Nowhere near as tall as half our girls. I looked at those cute little fourth graders and I thought, Hm. Our team has a few sixth-graders on it. We could murder these runts! Not a charitable thought, or even a sporting one. But still. Our team doesn't win all that much. I thought it would be good for the children's self-esteem. Not to mention mine. Anyway we did wipe out the first team we played. Then we ran into a notorious volleyball powerhouse, and , well, they wiped us out in the first two games. You win again, Holy Name of Jesus. Yeah, you think that bothers us? We weren't even surprised! How do you like that, huh?

Comments

  1. Anonymous1:07 PM

    Do we need to review spectator behavior? Did you sign your contract???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts