On The Index

The current temperature here in Minneapolis is somewhere in the low nineties, but the Heat Index is telling us it feels like 116.

I never heard of the heat index until today. All my life all I've ever heard is "it's not the heat, it's the humidity" and all complaints were left at that. But now I have a real scientific tool to refer to whenever I want to kvetch about the summer weather.

So we're in the midst of a heat and humidity wave that is not expected to break until tomorrow night. Time for a pop quiz:

True or False: DIH's air conditioning is broken.

Ha! Trick question. Only half my A/C is on the fritz. I can keep it running on the first floor, but not upstairs. As a result the current temperature in my bedroom is 90 degrees. I know because I just checked. Also the varnish is melting off the bannister. Checked that, too, but not on purpose.

So tonight, once again, we will all be camping out on the porch with the dogs. It's not exactly comfortable and it's definitely on the hairy side, but at least we will be able to breathe.

And no, I still do not wish it was winter again.

Comments

  1. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Didn't some tall dark and handsome man come fix the AC? or didn't it work? here's hoping you're banister stop melting~ B.B

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts