Friday, June 17, 2011

Home Improvements: Great Idea or Invitation to Disaster?

It's the latter. Easily.

Earlier this week I embarked on a modest home improvement course. I shopped consignment shops, mined Craig's List, and ultimately bought a nice new-to-me coffee table for the living room.

Which, of course, succeeded in making all my other furniture look even worse than usual.

I tried rearranging the furniture. Which made all my furniture look crappy in different places.

Then the unthinkable happened: I started thinking about my living space. And I came up with ideas.

It was all downhill from there. As of last night I was sort-of committed to about a grand worth of home improvements.

So naturally- and it's important to note cause and effect here- this morning, the labrador totally blew out her knee.

Estimated cost of vet repair: $3,000.

The moral of the story is never improve your home. Or if you must, make sure you don't have any dogs first.

2 comments:

Foxfier said...

If it wasn't the dog, it would be the cat. Or a sudden home repair. Or teh car. Or, heaven forbid, one of the kids.

Blankets on the furnature sometimes helps....

simon said...

I found a lot of interesting information in your blog.Thanks for sharing
roofer Aledo TX