Snow Day

We got around seventeen inches of snow last yesterday. The dome of the Metrodome collapsed under the weight of the snow and the Vikings had to postpone their game. This was probably a relief to a lot of Vikings fans.

Anticipating the blizzard I stocked up on essentials such as "Foamies" craft kits and old Bob Hope movies. Our sideboard is now a veritable gallery of Foamy art, and we have watched "The Road to Morocco" three times. If anybody is up to doing the "pattycake" gag, I'm your girl.

Native Minnesotans soldier on in weather like this. It's really amazing. They go about their business, taking kids to school and going to the grocery store as if nothing was wrong. I've been here seven years now and I still can't get over it.

People of Minnnesota, let me point something out;
WEATHER THAT INCLUDES WIND CHILLS OF MINUS 29 IS WRONG!!!

And there is no break in the weather forecast for days. I'll be holed up here with Bing Crosby if anyone wants me.

Comments

Popular Posts