New Year's Eve At Last

... and time, once again, to make some New Year's resolutions.

And why not? Sure, a zillion polls tell us no one takes NYRs seriously. That they're all broken by January 2, if not sooner.

But DIH believes in making them anyway. St. Paul urges us to "put on the new man" every time we open our eyes and spring or stumble out of bed to face another day. How often does the culture we live in offer St Paul a little support? Not too often, I'd say.

So take advantage of the opportunity and give the "new man" a try. Personally I've always wanted to wake up a completely different person, so I'm going to give it all I've got.

Um... okay, so , resolutions. I have one so far: check the calendar. I spent all day yesterday thinking it was Tuesday. Consequently missed my Wednesday afternoon hour in the adoration chapel. This happens more often than I'd like, and probably accounts for the angry glares I get whenever I set foot in the chapel. Sorry, guys. Will try to do better in 2010.

Another resolution: stop talking to self in shower. Realized yesterday my daughter is listening to every word. Could spell trouble.

Hmm.. I seem to be running out of steam on the "new man" front. Must give this some more thought.

Comments

Popular Posts