A New Day Dawns

..and it's covered it wet snow. I love Minnesota in the fall. Uh, winter. No wait, that doesn't start 'til December, right? I gotta think about this...

It's been a rough week for the economy. The Dow tanked two days in a row, and DIH is out eight hundred bucks on emergency car repairs. All following the election of BO. Coincidence?

My car was fine when I left the house early Wednesday afternoon. We have a perpetual adoration chapel at our parish, and DIH has the 2-3pm slot on Wednesdays. This has been a bit glitch-ridden. A couple of times I forgot to go, and once I couldn't find my car keys. This does not put the previous adorer, who is supposed to leave at two in an especially good mood. And I can't really blame her.

So the other day I was determined to get there early. All is going well- the lights are in my favor- when all of a sudden I hear that telltale thump-thump-thump-thump sound just as I'm pulling into the church parking lot. I check my tires. Yup. A nail.

So I ask myself, What would Jesus do? Would he go into the chapel for an hour and hope the tire held up until after adoration? Or would He high-tail it down to the mechanics' shop before things get any worse?

Not sure. Try the saints.

St. Therese of Lisieux would have gone in to the chapel. And smiled sweetly at the flat.
Teresa of Avila would have gotten the tire fixed.

I went with Avila. I headed for the shop. Where I found out that in addition to needing four new tires I also needed new front brakes, plus an oil change.

So, I'm out big bucks this week. Which is fine, if I consider it practice for life under BO. Practice, practice, practice. That's the key to success. Or at least endurance.

Comments

Popular Posts