Alea iacta est. Or something like that.

Well, I did it. I signed up for NaNoWriMo.

What? you say.

NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. Wherein insane writer types get to take the big challenge: turn out 50,000 words in 30 days. If you go to their website (www.nanowrimo.org) you can read all about it. This is NaNoWriMo's tenth year, so they should be getting tons of participants.

Anyway. You take a blood pledge that between November 1 and November 30 you will write-- well, not your Great American Novel; more like your Not So Bad American Novel. Or your At Least I've Got A First Draft American novel. 50,000 words of it.

This is a daunting challenge. It will require new highs of self-discipline and new lows of housekeeping and personal hygiene standards. I'm ready for those last two challenges. As for the first, we'll see, I guess.

So those are my November plans. Wish me luck. I need all I can get.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:57 AM

    Good luck. You will need it, I know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts