Genius Time!

The 2008 Macarthur Foundation "Genius" awards have been announced, and once again DIH has been shamefully overlooked. But I shall endeavor to be big about it and celebrate the winners.

Who include:

Will Allen, Urban Farmer. For "transforming the cultivation, production, and delivery of healthy foods to underserved, urban populations through a novel synthesis of low-cost farming technologies." Said low-cost technologies are rumored to include spades, cotton gloves and so-called "found" fertilizers.

Tara Donovan, Sculptor. For "transforming accumulations of ordinary materials into visually arresting, sculptural works reminiscent of geological and biological forms." What can I say? Except "uh-oh..."

Plus a lady who weaves baskets from sweetgrass and a bald guy who plays the saxophone, and a few others.
Honestly I can't figure out why then never call me. OK, so I'm not a brain scientist. (They threw in a couple of those too. Just to be safe, I guess.) But give me time, I'm sure I'll come up with something genius-y one of these days.
Then again, the award is only for $500,000. You'd think real genius would be worth a bit more than that. I'm not sure I'm willing to put in the work for a mere half a mil. Hello, Mac Foundation? Call me when you're really willing to pay up. We'll talk.

Comments

Popular Posts