Striking

The Writers Guild of America is now officially on strike. Not one of it 4,000 members will pick up a pen in servicve of television or cinema until the strike is settled.

The talk shows will be the first to go down. You can't have Jon Stewart just winging it up there every night. Soaps will probably be next, after a week or so of pre-taped stuff. Other TV stuff will go on as usual for the rest of the season, they've been filming in advance for a while. Movies won't be much affected either- stockpiled scripts.

All of this has DIH thinking. If the poor oppressed Hollywood writers who get paid in the six figures feel the need to strike, what about us unpaid struggling blogging types? The USBTs? Where's the justice for us? Huh?

"USBT Local #371 in Minneapolis refuses to accept another contract until she is at least offered one!"

"Until justice is served you moguls can keep your paychecks exactly where you've been keeping them all along! Fight the power!"

"Better working conditions! A desk at least, for pete's sake! Maybe even a filing cabinet! Free coffee in the coffeeshop- hey, who do you think has been giving that place a certain literary tone all year? Don't tell me that's not worth something! And where the heck is my Sitemeter? I want my Sitemeter!"

Wait, that last demand might not help the cause to much. Forget the Sitemeter. Just give me a place to plug in my laptop at the coffeeshop and we'll call it a deal.

Comments

  1. I'm with you... Strike! Strike! Strike! Only my demands are that my children pick up their shoes when they come in the house so I don't trip and kill myself on them.

    I was thinking that all bloggers should call NBC and offer their talents. It is the perfect opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts