Catchphrase Material

October 22, 2007
Clinton Finds Way to Play Along With Drudge

By JIM RUTENBERG New York Times
"WASHINGTON, Oct. 21 — As Senator Barack Obama prepared to give a major speech on Iraq one morning a few weeks ago, a flashing red-siren alert went up on the Drudge Report Web site. It read, “Queen of the Quarter: Hillary Crushes Obama in Surprise Fund-Raising Surge,” and, “$27 Million, Sources Tell Drudge Report.”
...
Mrs. Clinton’s aides declined to discuss how the Drudge Report got access to her latest fund-raising figures nearly 20 minutes before the official announcement went to supporters. But it was a prime example of a development that has surprised much of the political world: Mrs. Clinton is learning to play nice with the Drudge Report and the powerful, elusive and conservative-leaning man behind it."

"Powerful, elusive." I like the sound of that. I wonder if DIH could ever land such a catchphrase.

I have "elusive" down, I think. I do all the right things there- forget to show up for meetings, barely recognize my kid's teachers, lose the portable phone a lot, and I still haven't figured out how to retrieve voice mail messages from my mobile. So I'm sure there are folks out there who think I'm avoiding them.

But "powerful." Now that's going to take some work.

Hm.

"DIH is an anonymous Internet muse who--"

Oh, right. My name's on this blog. Pity I didn't catch on to the anonymity game earlier. You can say some really outrageous things so long as no one knows where to find you. Me, I gotta be careful. I'm in the phone book, after all.

"I don't like to brag but I do have a key to the pantry of Holy Family Church's coffee room--"

Nah, that's no good either. Half a dozen people have that key. And I'm sure they're already eyeing me suspiciously.

"Mrs. Vigilante is the mastermind behind the notorious annual St. Nicholas Day Party and all the destruction ensuing therefrom--"

But since the kids only wreck my house I guess that wouldn't inspire awe. Maybe I should consider unleashing them on the city next time.

I'm gonna have to think about this. In the meantime I have a Pilates class to rush to. Which is supposed to make me powerful but so far has only made me sore. But hey, that's nothing. I promised my daughter I'd start tae kwon do again this week. Now that's gonna hurt.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:56 PM

    Ah so you really do like me, you just can't get the numerous messages I leave you. I feel so much better now. Maybe I will put on my Wonder Woman costume and come to your party on Saturday night. Love you DIH. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're always Wonder Woman to me, Darlene. See you Sat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts