Take This Simple Test

When buying handsoap for your powder room, you:

a) buy only antibacterial soap. Germs bad.
b) stick with whatever bar soap is on sale. Cheap and effective.
c) always get the pricer liquid stuff that comes out of the dispenser pre-foamed. Rubbing your hands together is work, after all.

You are selecting wine for your dinner party (you're having beef tenderloin). You:

a) talk to the guy in the wine store and follow his advice- nothing but the best for your guests.
b) stick with the six-dollar magnum of Chilean stuff. You know your friends, it's not like they're going to know the difference.
c) buy whatever pinot or merlot comes with a screw-off cap. Corks are a pain.

You're getting a dog! Which breed do you look for?

a) Labradors! Adorable, unflappable, sweet- the perfect pet.
b) some designer mini-breed you can put in a carry-on bag and stick under the seat on the plane. This way you don't have to pay for a kennel whenever you go away.
c) Standard poodle. Practically train themselves and no shedding, so no clean-up.

If you answered (c) to the above, congratulations! You are every bit as lazy as DIH! And let me tell you not everyone can make that claim.

All this is by way of apology for a) not blogging much lately and b) never finishing my blogroll. Even I'm impressed with that one. But I am turning over a new leaf. I am exercising every day (will complain about that later), balancing my checkbook, and vowing to catch up on things like blogrolls.

Seriously. I mean it this time.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:26 PM

    Hooray! I am every bit as lazy as you. Wait. I'm even lazier. I don't buy the dog... less clean up.
    Hope you had as much fun at Costco as I did.
    The other SLP Bible Babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. On wine ~ If your Pinot Noir comes with a screw-off top, you're shopping in the ghetto and you might get shot. There are lots of places you can buy good wine and you don't have to die for it or cut off your arm. Let me know...I've lived all over the Cities and tell you where to go to buy what.

    The magnum Chilean stuff is fine...for "everyday" or big parties...but for dinner parties, for only a couple bucks more you can make sure good taste is involved and the flavor of ether comes only from reminiscent readings of "Cider House Rules".


    On dogs...yeah....just wait until the Standardbred Poodle engages his intelligence. You're wish for another breed, preferably a rescue, already trained by a family who had to give him up due to bad circumstances.

    I can't wait to hear the rest of your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:17 AM

    nHey I heard from a "serious" and well respected wine and food guy that the screw off caps were the new way wine makers were going and not just the Australians. So as the years progress keep your eyes open, I bet we can all be a bit lazier!
    Bible Babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1- Buy antibacterial soap by the gallon at the warehouse shopper club of choice.

    2- Read my brilliant insights over at Vinapedia.net. I have a piece pending on -- really! -- Two Buck Chuck. Which actually costs three bucks. But nevah mind.

    3- Dog? Goodness, why?

    -J.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts