Bennies

DIH has been a dull dog lately. But sometimes in life one has to make choices. My choices were: a) be my fascinating, always-on-the-go, full-of-insight self or b) breathe.

I chose option (b).

A bout of this year's flu left me with a nasty sinus infection. Normally DIH is averse to seeking professional medical help. but she made an exception in this case when spouse informed her she snorted like a pig all night. Doc gave me antibiotics- of which DIH has a deep fear, ever since a couple of prescription tablets landed her in the hospital a few years back, but I was desperate enough to take them- and suggested Benadryl for nighttime. "It's the only way you'll be able to breathe," she said flatly.

Now normally I don't go near antihistamines. They make me climb the walls. Nyquil alone gives me the kind of nightmares I could end up in the psych ward for. But like I said, Desperate was desperate, so I started knocking back the Bennies.

Well. It's been an educational week.

I learned if you're loaded on Benadryl on Ash Wednesday you won't notice the fasting so much. In fact you won't notice anything much. Must remember this for next year.

I learned three shots of espresso the morning after are not enough. Next time go for the "Depth Charge"- four shots and steamed milk, Make sure someone has a camera to record the results. Or maybe not.

I learned reading about the cholera epidemic of 1848 leads to some very graphic dreams, especially if you're under the influence. Ditto the Armenian Genocide.

All things considered, I think I may go for flu shot next year.

Comments

  1. Wow.... I hope you get better... for our sakes AND yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks fox-formerly-sailorette! It's been a long week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts